Dear Friends and Family of Berkeley Dental Studio:
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our regular routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
The CDC released a statement saying no Covid-19 case clusters have ever been associated with a dental office, so we know our protective measures have been extremely effective in the past. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you may have seen during your visits. We will be adding new and updated protocols given the current situation, to further protect you and our office staff, making your visit to our office both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows or surpasses infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are following the activities of these agencies daily to ensure that we are up to date on any rulings or guidance and adhere to these recommendations.
You will notice some adjustments and modifications in several areas throughout your visit with us, starting before your reserved time with our team. We’d like to share the procedures we will follow in our practice that have been made to help protect our patients and staff. They include:
- Communication with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- We will have you call or text upon arrival to the parking lot and will let you know when your treatment room is ready, thereby limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- We ask that if you are able, please come to your appointment by yourself. Patients will be the only one allowed in the office, unless accompanying a minor or a patient needing assistance (i.e. Wheelchair, driver, etc.).
- We will require that each person entering the dental office wear a face covering.
- Appointments will be managed and extended to allow for new safety measures and social distancing between patients. This might result in fewer options for scheduling appointments.
- HEPA air filters with UV-C Sanitizers placed in each room.
- Pre-procedural rinse prior to treatment.
- Enhanced PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the clinical team.
We believe these extra precautions are important to help safeguard the health of our patients, team and the community as a whole. We will be contacting patients to schedule appointments. We have been seeing emergency patients, and will prioritize people who are in temporaries, have periodontal needs, or who have had their appointments cancelled due to the stay-in-place order. Thank you for your patience with us while we are working to accommodate our dental family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our dental team.